xSkrape: Better Data Tools... Saving time and money.
Ready to receive up to a $350 benefit?
Plus: Exclusive content, tips and tools
What is xSkrape?
xSkrape is a technology that allows you to access a wide range of data sources from within different tools including Excel, Microsoft SQL Server, and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
How's that special? There's a lot of ways already to access data sources.
There are a number of important differences that make xSkrape unique... and very powerful.
- Easily pull in either tabular or non-tabular data from sources that are not typically easy to use - for example, a web page as semi-structured data often requires coding or advanced screen scraping technologies to effectively transform it into structured, usable data within your applications or spreadsheets. xSkrape gives you easy-to-understand tools like Page Explorer to make the process easier. This enables accessing a virtually limitless universe of live data with comparatively little effort and for a very reasonable price point.
- Solve a wide range of problems: from real-time tracking of competitor pricing, to automating data uploads, to augmenting your existing apps (or spreadsheets) with external data - to much, much more!
- Ultimately you're working with the core data of interest in a familiar, intuitive way, using a simple set of functions over all types of data - in Excel, using functions and cells; in SQL, using views; in SSIS, using tasks and data sources.
- Compare xSkrape with other technologies on our comparisons page: both from a technical and business perspective.
- Expect new capabilities in up-coming releases, based on your real-world feedback.
What kind of applications does xSkrape have?
We've documented many examples of how xSkrape can be used in practical situations on our examples page. To illustrate the flexibility of xSkrape, using a simple API you can pull data from:
- JSON & XML, such as those returned from many web API's (Application Programming Interfaces)
- Web pages - be it discrete fields or complete tables; even paged tables can be merged into a single tabular result
- Flat files & arbitrary text files - pull out values using regular expressions, for example
- Excel spreadsheets (even those with non-trivial formatting such as headers, footers, etc.) or CSV files (even those contained within ZIP files!)
- Files hosted in cloud locations such as OneDrive or Sharepoint
What are the differences between xSkrape for Excel (Add-in), xSkrape for SQL Server and xSkrape for SSIS?
We offer comparable functionality between all three product editions. xSkrape for Excel is an add-in within Excel (desktop version), whereas xSkrape for SQL Server (and SSIS) are packaged as part of our SQL-Hero product. There are some subtle differences that are covered in greater detail in our detailed documentation.
Watch a self-guided tour of xSkrape...(click image to enlarge)
- xSkrape for Excel Add-in
- xSkrape for SQL Server
- xSkrape for SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- xSkrape Fundamentals (PDF)
- Product family feature matrix
- Discussion: Legality of screen scraping
- What is SQL-Hero?
- xSkrape on-line documentation
- Product family overview
- Download software (30 day free evaluation)
- Order software