SQL-Hero: Better Data Tools... Saving time and money.
What is SQL-Hero?
SQL-Hero is a tool suite that enhances productivity for developers and DBA's who use Microsoft SQL Server. It includes tool such as: an advanced SQL editor, code generator, compare tools (both schema and data), audit history (schema), unit testing, monitoring, tracing and data generation. It also includes xSkrape for SQL Server and xSkrape for SQL Server Integration Services.
How's that special? There's a lot of SQL tools on the market today...
There are a number of important differences that make SQL-Hero unique... and very powerful.
- The code generator addresses many, many use cases that others can't. We're working on extensive on-line documentation to help you create your own templates to do amazing things!
- xSkrape technology enables access to a nearly unlimited universe of data, right within SQL Server.
- Archive millons of data points related to monitoring and performance and report against these using an Analysis Services model using any visualization tool of your choice or a number of canned reports.
- Compare SQL-Hero with other technologies on our comparisons page: both from a technical and business perspective.
- Expect new capabilities in up-coming releases, based on your real-world feedback.
Watch a self-guided tour of SQL-Hero...(click image to enlarge)
- Videos: a 6 minute high-level overview, plus a 36 minute deeper dive into individual features.
- More in-depth examination of SQL-Hero features
- Product family feature matrix
- What is xSkrape?
- SQL-Hero on-line documentation
- xSkrape for Excel Add-in
- xSkrape for SQL Server
- xSkrape for SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Product family overview
- Download software (30 day free evaluation)
- Order software
Copy Column Names with One Keystroke
Imagine you're typing the following SQL manually:
SELECT * FROM BusinessUnit b JOIN Location l ON b.LocationID = l.It's not hard to imagine filling in "LocationID" following the last "." to complete the JOIN, matching foreign key to primary key. SQL-Hero lets you complete this SQL with a short-cut key: "Alt"+"." What's actually happening here is text on the current line that follows the first "." is copied to the current cursor location. Therefore, this would also work:
SELECT * FROM BusinessUnit b JOIN Location l ON b.LocationID = @Where pressing "Alt"+"." fills in the statement with "@LocationID" - a very plausible case where we've passed @LocationID in as a parameter. We've found this is a big time-saver, even beyond what normal "intellisense" would provide.